Here are some examples of the reasons that many conservatives oppose the latest pandemic relief bill. The bill proposed by President Biden is $1.9 TRILLION, which is after two earlier bills of roughly $4 T and $ .9 T. Included in the bill passed by the House are such ‘pandemic relief’ items as:
- $1.5 billion for Amtrack (this is on top of $1 billion from previous relief bills that is unspent)
- $100 million for an underground railway in Silicon Valley
- $500 million for Native American ‘language preservation’ and a museum
- $50 million for Planned Parenthood and other ‘family planning’ organizations
- $50 million in grants for “environmental justice”
- $1.5 million for a bridge connection Canada and New York state (home state of Senate Majority leader Chuck Schumer)
Opposition to the bill has nothing to do with opposing money for helping those impacted by the pandemic. It has to do with lawmakers using the pandemic to put in money for pet projects that have nothing to do with the pandemic…which, now that we think about it, would be called ‘fraud’ in any other context.